Tenkara line holder
The tenkara line holder is a simple plastic spool with a core of yellow foam used to trap the line after you wind it. Made by Meiho, in Japan. It accommodates tenkara level lines and tenkara tapered lines, and it can be slid onto the handle for transport.
Tips for a better experience using the blue tenkara line holder:
- Keep winding the line until you get close to the tip of the rod, do not stop halfway to remove line twisting. Keeping on winding the line will eventually cause the rod tip to spin freely and automatically get rid of line twisting.
- It is quicker to wind the line around the spool rather than spin the spool to wind the line. Hook your finger through the middle to hold the spool securely while wrapping the line.
Does not include line.
1% of the sale value of this item will be donated to conservation efforts.
- How to choose a tenkara rod
- How to setup your tenkara rod
- Fixing a tenkara rod
- More how-to videos by Tenkara USA
- Podcast: The Tenkara Cast
- Tenkara Guide Network: Hire a guide
Tenkara Care™ is our exclusive Lifetime Warranty Program and our commitment to take care of any problems you may encounter with your tenkara gear quickly and painlessly.
For help, call our team of responsive tenkara anglers: 888.i.tenkara (888.483.6527) or email us: email@example.com.
With rare exceptions you never have to mail anything back to us to get your rod working again.
Tenkara USA® is the only tenkara company dedicated to the environment with a set-on-stone commitment to donate 1% of its revenues to environmental organizations that care for fish habitat.